With producer, songwriter and film composer Mason Daring!
I had the privilege of learning from him this semester, and he produced 2 of my original songs that will be on my EP! I also recorded a cover of Bob Dylan’s “I Will Be Released” with him yesterday morning.
I watched “Where the Heart Is” when I was a kid- very cool to think that I was listening to his music, and now he has worked on mine.
Rock On, Prof. Daring! It was amazing experience, having you as a teacher.
What a lovely musical day today!
This morning, recording visionary and inventory George Massenburg taught our Production Concepts class about mixing. His ears hear such minute detail, and his drive for excellence definitely inspires!
Then, I spent some time recording vocals for my original tunes. Recently, I’ve been learning to (and succeeding in!) recording myself by myself. There is nothing more satisfying than overcoming an obstacle, and doing it with style- I’d never even imagined working a recording session by myself, and here I am, pulling out all the stops! It is so uplifting to listen back to the takes and know that I made them happen! Plus, it’s my original music, so it’s extra special for me because these tunes are so dear to my heart.
I’m currently finishing up on the Ann Kreis Scoring Stage, producing my friend Ricky Lucchese’s new country song.
It’s so beautiful, when Music fills up your day. Off to record more vocals to finish the rough mixes for my Thesis Project, otherwise known as MY E.P.! It’s coming along :) …
Please take 1 min of your day today to Read this post and
GIVE MY BROTHER & I A PERFECT RATING HERE:
Thank you to all! ♥
So I have the best boyfriend ever. Let’s start with that. I’m sitting in the Zurich airport, waiting to fly back to Valencia. I’ve been fortunate enough to fly back for Spring Break and a couple of other times because of this truly great guy. I had a marvellous week of repose, refresh & recharge!! It was so nice.
My favourite parts about home:
- My bed <3
- My Home & My Parents’ Home <3
- I get to eat food that I have been craving for SO LONG!
- Going to my favourite restaurants, and a few newbies!
- TV in English. Live. OMG.
- Shopping & Salespeople that speak English.
- Movies in English. At the movie theatre. And having that option to see them. (Didn’t do that this time, was really busy!)
- Partying with my boy <3
- Seeing sights I grew up with- driving along the Gardiner, it is so heartwarming to see the CN Tower & Rogers Centre and think, “YAY I’M HOME!!”
- Seeing my family, whom I miss SO MUCH when I am away at school
- Getting treated like a princess by my guy <3<3<3
So ladies- find a guy who treats you right, love him, and hold onto him with all your might! xoxox
I’ll be preparing for a recording session in a few weeks. Can’t wait to share the details with you.